- Do you view your Physical Inventory requirements as a burden to be performed?
- Is your PI simply an accounting requirement with little benefit to daily operations?
- Is your PI just an annoyance that takes your staff away from their primary task devoted to patient care?
If you answered Yes to one or more of these questions, know that you are not alone. The vast majority of our nation’s hospitals feel the same way as you do. However, the sad truth is that they are also missing out on the tremendous information and potential an accurate and detailed PI can provide. For example:
- Do you know how much excess stock you are purchasing?
- Do you know the exact locations of all of your supplies?
- Do you know how your stock levels compare to regional and national averages?
- Do you know how your actual inventory levels compare to established Par levels?
- Is your cycle counting program working for you?
- Is your MMIS providing you with actionable data to improve your operating costs?
- Are your Consignment Contracts monitored and updated on a regular basis?
If you answered No to any of these questions, it’s time to contact DSC so that we can work with you to help solve these problems. Consider that 35%-40% of your facilities’ costs are tied up in the purchasing and management of your inventory. The potential for major improvements in your Supply Chain will be found in the information we can provide to you.
Contact DSC at [email protected] for a free consultation on how you can benefit from a professional and accurate PI.